Update on Memories on The Meter – new features include improved, more immersive ambiance, improved inventory system, improved visual cues and optimizations. Read further to know more details and see the improvements come to life in video and comparisons.
Posted by TGK on
Happy new year. Apologies for the infrequent updates. Many changes have been made since our last update here. Be sure to check out our site or our Facebook page for more updates. The following is a video of our current build, please keep in mind that this is only work-in-progress, and the final game may be different from the one shown here.
Here is a list of some of the changes we have made –
- Improved lighting (observable in the street lamps)
- A more rain drenched ambiance (such as wetter roads, puddles etc.)
- An improved inventory system
- Some optimizations to improve the framerate
- A more immersive world (such as neon signs, the car dealership next to the bar etc.)
- An easier to understand flashback system with cues such as visual swirl, a flashback sound, a different colour palette when in flashback etc.
- Visual improvements to a large part of the game.
- Other minor programming improvements and optimizations
As a result of these changes, the game looks significantly different. Below are two images, both showing the same scene (a can parked in front of a bar) from the game. This is the older screenshot –
The following is the newer screenshot –